The nationally recognised BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management course is designed for individuals seeking to gain intermediate knowledge in Project Management.
The BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management qualification can be delivered online and is suitable for those aiming to work in project leadership, administration and management roles. Individuals undertaking these roles are responsible for achieving project objectives.
The qualification comprises of core project management units of competency covering disciplines including:
- Managing project scope, quality, time and cost
- Leading and managing team effectiveness
- Leading and managing organisational change
- Management of project risk and human resourcing
- Multiple Project Management Methodologies
- Core transferrable skills including Administration, Communication, Leadership and Planning
Other related business courses are BSB50420 – Diploma of Leadership and Management and the BSB50120 – Diploma of Business.
The BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management is a nationally recognised qualification, complying with the AQF standard and ASQA standards for Registered Training Organisations and is an Australian Institute of Project Management endorsed course.
Students will be awarded the nationally recognised BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management qualification on completion of the requisite units.
Project Consultant, Project leader/team leader, Project contract manager, Project manager, Project vendor manager.
There are no training package entry requirments for the BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management course. However, it is recommended that students:
- Are over 18 years of age at the time of commencement
- Have successfully completed a year 12 certificate or equivalent
- Have strong computer/technical skills
- Are familiar with Microsoft Office (or freeware equivalent) installed on their computer
- Access to a reliable high-quality internet connection
- Adequate literacy/numeracy skills
Who Should Enrol?
The qualification has been designed for both individuals with no formal training qualifications and those seeking an entry point for transition into further education. The program is ideally suited to candidates currently working in project leadership and/or management roles who are seeking a formal qualification to enhance and confirm their existing knowledge and skills.
The BSB50820 – Diploma of Project Management supersedes the BSB51415 – Diploma of Project Management.
Students will undertake 12 units of study (8 core and 4 elective units) and should complete them over 12 months.
Course Unit Outline
- BSBPMG530Manage project scope
- BSBPMG531Manage project time
- BSBPMG532Manage project quality
- BSBPMG533Manage project cost
- BSBPMG534Manage project human resources
- BSBPMG535Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG536 Manage project risk
- BSBPMG540 Manage project integration
- BSBPMG538 Manage project stakeholder engagement
- BSBLDR601 Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBPMG537 Manage project procurement
Online Learning Experience
Throughout the duration of the course, each student will be supported by a fully resourced student support team trained in managing the needs of todays students. Students are entitled to e-mail and phone support by our experienced student support team between Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.
The learning materials offered in this course are designed to replicate what they would actually experience in the workplace and includes textbooks, learner guides, study guides, PowerPoint presentations and optional live online classroom-based tutorials.
Virtual Classroom Experience
The course is designed so it can be completed in your own time to minimise any disruption to your work of personal lifestyle. The Learning Management System and virtual classrooms facilitates interaction with your fellow students.
Flexibility and Delivery
The course materials have been developed to be accessible and easy to understand, and guides students on how to best engage with their study commitments.
Flexible Payment Options
Students have the option of full upfront payment for the course, or paying the as they go with one subject at a time.